CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Circle of Life

I am sad to report that the blog family that I absolutely love and adore (Even though I do not know them at all) lost their husband/father/friend on Monday afternoon to his battle with cancer. I found out while I was out of town and it seriously hit me like a ton of bricks. I came across their blog through my good friends at work- Venona and Amy- and the three of us have followed their story for the past year. Its been hard to see this man- who is basically my age- struggle with this terrible sickness. But its also been an incredibly moving experience for me because their faith has been just unbelievable through this whole process. Even in her post to let everyone know that Brad had passed, she did it with such grace, she was so strong... it amazes me, when I was a mess and bawling my eyes out, even though I have never met these people. I will continue to pray for their sweet family- I can't imagine losing the love of my life, the person that I thought I was going to spend my life with, grow old together with... just can't imagine how I would be if that same situation happened to our family.
Makes me want to love on Kaylie a little longer, give her and Emily 1000 hugs a day, makes me want to snuggle with Steven longer in the mornings, makes me want to call my family and friends to tell them I love them... we truly never know what tomorrow will bring. Treasure every moment you have here.
You can check the Wims blog at www.thewims.blogspot.com
If you feel inclined, they have set up a memorial fund for the Wims 2 childrens education that you can contribute to.
God bless the Wims.

1 comments:

Ashley said...

It is so sad. Brad and his wife were friends of my sister and brother in law. Brad and my brother in law played softball together.

Yesterday they went to the viewing and stood in line for an hour and a half before they reached the inside of the funeral home. Just shows how deeply he effected people.

Hope y'all are doing well. We need to get together sometime.

ash