CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

ALLERGIES!!!

After a very long year of dealing with Travis's ecxema, rashes, runny nose, etc, we took him to an allergist. We got to the allergist at 4pm. Keep in mind, we had Emily this week so Steven was home with the girls and brought them too. I wanted Steven there because he has never experienced allergies nor does he have any understanding of them.
Back to the main point- we got there at 4pm. We were quickly put into a room- with tile floor- and Travis started roaming the room. The nurse asked a million questions about family history (Yep, its all my fault) and then left the room. That was about 4:30. Then we waited. We waited. We waited. Travis started throwing stuff. We waited. Travis started yelling (probably because his sister Kaylie was in his face the entire time we were there). We waited. Travis started crying. Look at my watch- its 5:10. What in the world. Travis goes to bed at 5:30 so we are nearing D-Day with him. He started picking up the toys and throwing them across the room... I tried stopping him at first but then realized, hey, if they want to take that long, I will let him do whatever. Steven was SUPER annoyed at this point.
Finally, at 5:30, Steven went looking for the nurse. She came in and asked if he had had any reactions- huh? I said reactions to what... she thought he had already been tested. NO LADY! So she went to get the doctor. I really liked him- but I was beyond frustrated at this point. They did the skin prick test and BAM- Travis immediately starting having flare ups all over his back. That was the longest 15 minutes ever. Thankfully, he was tired and just wanted his mama to hold him.
Turns out TRavis is allergic to a lot of very basic stuff. MILK, EGGS, PEANUT and DOG! Come on kid! Couldn't you have made it any easier on me?
That night, I had to stop at the grocery store and start accumulating stuff that he could eat. Soy milk, soy yogurt, fruit, dairy free snacks. IT was alot of work...
BUT...
I am happy to report that Travis has been doing this diet for 2 weeks. His skin looks a MILLION times better. He now likes to poo several times a day but who wouldn't with all that nasty soy crap (literally).
Anyways- we are on the mend now. If anyone has any great recipes that are egg/milk/peanut and of course DOG free, pass them my way.

0 comments: