I am a huge blogstalker... friends will send me blogs and I will always check in to see whats going on... but I was seriously drawn to 2 different blogs. One is this Family called the Wims (http://www.thewims.blogspot.com/). I don't know them but I feel like I do. I can't imagine how they are handling the day ins and day outs knowing that their rock, their dad/husband is so sick. This man is in his 30s and is battling cancer. I've been following his treatment for a while now and I always log in first thing in the morning to make sure he had a good nights rest and so did his wife. It angers me that someone with so much to offer this world, someone that is so young, with a beautiful wife and 2 adorable kids has to endure what he is... that his family has to watch him suffer the way that they do... it breaks my heart. I will say this though- his wife is so inspirational... she handles everything with such passion and she is so strong. She has this unbelievable faith in God and believes so strongly in the works on prayer. She's amazing!
Another blog that I recently came across is this one- http://www.half12.blogspot.com/- I found it on another blog I like to read and it just broke my heart. This mother had been blogging about her daughter Tuesday's battle with cancer. I just checked this morning and Tuesday died on the 30th... I just can't handle it. I don't even know this mother or this child... but it just makes me feel like I can't breath to think of a mother having to kiss her child for the last time, not being able to see her child again- it makes me sick.
The point is- be sure and hug your kids today... love on them, let them put nail polish all over their fingers and let them wear what they want... and watch them, treasure each moment. I can't even think about something happening to Emily or Kaylie- and I'm so thankful that they are both healthy and happy- that we are all healthy. I'm so very blessed to have all that I do. I am just so thankful.
Friday, January 30, 2009
Sad and Thankful
Posted by Jennifer at 3:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I KNOW! I could never imagine. Today makes 3 weeks since my friend Sarah's little boy Wyatt passed on. I STILL find myself crying often. Matt and I were kidless this weekend for the first time and I couldn't enjoy the quiet house b/c I kept thinking about her! :(
I couldn't go on... I just {sigh} am beyond thankful! Like she told me at her little guy's funeral - hug your babies - TIGHT! :(
Post a Comment