CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 13, 2009

Travis Cade Fiedler Has Arrived!!!

We are so excited to announce that Travis Cade arrived a week ago, November 5th at 1:09pm- weighing in at 10 pounds 8 ounces, 21.5 inches long!!! Did you read that right? YES- I didn't write it backwards, he was REALLY that big! I had a scheduled C-section- here is a picture of me before the surgery...



We are so excited to announce that Travis Cade arrived a week ago, November 5th at 1:09pm- weighing in at 10 pounds 8 ounces, 21.5 inches long!!! Did you read that right? YES- I didn't write it backwards, he was REALLY that big! I had a scheduled C-section- here is a picture of me before the surgery...


I was a ball of nerves before the surgery. Once they started, I felt a TON of pressure- I kept telling Steven, Oh my God, they are going to break my ribs! They had to get another doctor in there to help get Travis out! When they pulled him out, all I heard was giggling and then OH MY GOD (but in a good way). Dr. S said, Jen, you have a huge baby! He's at least 10 pounds!!! At this point, I seriously thought I was having an out of body experience. Did she really just say 10 pounds? I'm 5ft 3 on a good day- how in the hell did a 10 pound baby fit inside of me? Oh thats right- he was in my ribs and sitting on my bladder! He took over my stomach!!! I didn't hear him crying at first and I started getting worried- and then all of a sudden, I hear this roar of a cry!!! I was like- thats a newborn? He sounded so deep and loud! I cried so hard- I can't believe my baby had FINALLY made his arrival. My angel that we had both prayed for and dreamed about. They brought him to me and I could barely hold him on my chest- but he was adorable. He instantly reminded me of Kaylie- the lips, the brow, his small faint strawberry on his forehead. He was perfect (and HEAVY).
The girls both got to meet him and love on him- and it was just a perfect day. I feel like our family is complete! The girls were so excited about him- Kaylie kept telling everyone, he is soooo cute! They fought over who was going to hold him and love on him!
We were released from the hospital on Sunday and were able to come home. I'm feeling good- I had a very hard time in the hospital because I didn't want to take pain meds because I thought I felt fine. Then my epidural wore off and all hell broke loose! I was a MESS! It hurt so bad!!! Never again will I do that- ALWAYS take the pain meds when they are offered- I was worried about passing them to Travis while I was feeding. But I got my pain under control and feel much better.
Thank you so much to everyone that kept us in your prayers- they were certainly answered. Travis is a huge blessing for us, we are so thankful.

0 comments: