CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 27, 2010

So thankful...

In the last week, I've had a friend and co-worker find out that his 3 yr old daughter has a cancerous tumor in her abdomen and must begin chemo immediately. The poor little girl had to have a bone marrow sample done and all sorts of tests...
Did I mention that they just had a baby boy in the last 2 weeks as well? Can you imagine? Welcoming your precious baby to the world only to find out that your daughter is about to fight the biggest fight of her life?
I also discovered www.laylagrace.org
For those of you that haven't read it, I have to warn you. Its terribly sad- I sent it to Steven and he was even tearing up when he read it- I was in tears from the moment I clicked on the page. So don't go there if you don't want a good cry.
But reading about this precious baby girl and knowing the struggles that my friends daughter is about to endure, makes me ever so thankful for the health of my kids and the health of myself and Steven. I feel bad that I've complained that Travis doesn't sleep at night- that I can't wait for him to hit that point when he sleeps through the night- but Layla Grace's mom just wants an opportunity to have her baby live!
So today, I'm so thankful- that I do get woken up in the middle of the night and that I get attitude from Kaylie and that Kay and Emily are here to fight and argue with each other... I love my kids more than anything and I am just ever so blessed. Thank you Lord for giving us good health and for giving me these 3 wonderful children that keep me going.

0 comments: