CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy Birthday to Kaylie Grace

Today, 6 years ago, I was in alot of pain... I was tired, FAT, worn out, did I mention in pain, having pre-term labor for an extended period of time... waiting to meet my precious baby girl.
A little background for you- a year before I met Steven, I had some medical issues and was told that I would not likely be able to carry a baby to term. I was devastated... who in the world would want to be with someone that can't have kids?Then I met Steven. He was the proud dad to a baby girl named Emily and I fell in love with him immediately. And I thought- this is perfect. I can't have kids but I've met this man that has a daughter, this is all meant to be.
When I found out I was pregnant, I was shocked. I couldn't believe it- and I was feeling every emotion you can think of- excitement, scared to death that something might happen to the baby because of my medical issues, nervous, anxious... it was a LONG pregnancy and I had every complication under the sun. I was put on bedrest at 24 weeks and had to take medication every 3 hours to keep me from going into labor. At 36 weeks, I was taken off of the medication and I started going into labor a few days later. It was a rough delivery day (I'll spare you the details), but the moment I met my daughter, Miss Kaylie Grace, my heart filled with feelings I had never felt before in my life. I know every parent feels this- especially moms. But my bond with Kaylie was so strong after everything we had endured together. She was my fighter, she was my miracle baby, my whole world changed the moment I laid eyes on her for the first time. I will never forget that sweet moment. Every year since has been this amazing journey- ask anyone in my family and they will say, Kaylie is a mini Jenny all over again. She's bossy, independent, wild, caring, loving, full of spunk, creative, and such an entertaining child. She has a mind of her own and loves to be the center of attention.
Happy birthday sweet girl- you will always be my precious baby and I will always love you more than you can imagine. I'm so proud of you and the person you are. My sweet Kaylie Grace.





1 comments:

The Malhiots said...

Happy Birthday Kaylie!!!!