So, Kaylie has been coming home the last few weeks or so complaining about this little girl in her class that is mean to her. At first, she would just tell me that this little girl would yell at the teachers, and she had to go to time out, and she hit another kid, so on and so on. Not too long ago, a sweet little boy in her class got a black eye from this same little girl pushing him into the corner of the desk. NOW... Kaylie has been telling me that this little girl is kicking her cot while she is napping (anyone who knows my child knows that you do NOT mess with her sleeptime- she's in rare form if you do). She tells Kaylie she hates her... and then yesterday, she tells me that this little girl threw rocks at her and she had to go to time out. I finally told the front office about it, before I decided I would give this little girl a good butt- whooping like she needs apparently. I feel like I'm on an episode on PBS... the pissed off part of me wants me to tell Kaylie to kick her little ace for being a bully but then the responsible side of me is telling her, when something happens be sure and tell your teacher. Don't retaliate!! I didn't expect for BULLYING to take place at the age of 4 but apparently this new girl is giving everyone a very hard time, including the teachers. I can't wait to meet her mother one day... it just ticks me off that my baby is having to deal with that. Any ideas on what I should do??? Aside from putting the girl over my knee and spanking her behind! i'm so frustrated!!!!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
You tell her both sides. Yes, she should be responsible, but if she tells and sees no justice being done, then she has to take matters into her own hands. Obviously, no one is disciplining this child at home, so a good ace whipping is what she needs to put her in her place. YOU CAN NOT GET MAD AT KAYLIE for sticking up for herself, especailly if she already tried talking to the adults around. Kaylie is doing everything right!
Well if she keeps it up I assume the school will kick her out right? I would feel the same way, you just don't want Kaylie to get into trouble for doing the same things this girl does to her (hit,kick whatever).
Call me old-fashioned but I still believe in the saying "two wrongs don't make a right." I certainly wouldn’t encourage Kaylie to retaliate in any way. I don’t think that would send the right message. This little girl may have some serious issues going on at home which is causing her to act out. I’m no therapist, but it seems like she’s crying out for attention…probably the attention she’s lacking at home for some reason. I think the best thing Kaylie can do is to let the teacher know anytime she bullies her in any shape or form…or maybe to even respond to the little girl…”you know you shouldn’t do that…why don’t we go tell Miss (insert teachers name here:) about it.” Or...you could see about getting her parents contact information or just look for them at the school when you’re dropping Kaylie off or picking her up…ask to have a word with them away from the kids, and speak to them about it. I think you’d get the best response and result if you talk with them in person…especially if you don’t know them yet, things just seem to go better face to face.
My poor Kaylie...If I was still at her school, that child and I would going round and round. :)
Post a Comment