CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Warning...

Last night, we were getting ready to go see IMAGINE, a Christmas show at Sugar Creek Baptist Church- Kaylie was all dolled up waiting for us to finish getting ready and decided it would be a great idea to look at the stockings hanging on the fireplace. She went to grab one and the stocking holder came tumbling down and landed right on her face! It was a very heavy ceramic snowman standing by a Christmas tree with a sharp edge on top of the tree... and of course, it sliced Kaylie's face. I heard a tumble, and then all this stuff breaking on the floor and came running out to find her bloody on her face above her lip and in her mouth. I was so worried that she busted a tooth or was going to have to get stitches. We got in the car (keep in mind she is all dolled up for this performance we were going to) and we headed to St. Michaels Emergency Room Care in Sugar Land. We were relieved when they said she didn't have to get stitches unless we really wanted them (um, no). So we were in and out in 45 minutes (that was the most expensive Neosporin and bandaid we've ever purchased)!! I must say that if you need immediate care after hours, I HIGHLY recommend St. Michaels- state of the art! They had a media area in the waiting room with Dish network, the room we went into was decorated great for the kiddos and had a plasma on the wall!! The staff was amazing, professional and so quick. We were still able to go see the Christmas show. I'm getting off track- my point is... if you have a young child (even if they are new babies), get in the habit now of not using the stocking holders unless you can put them up so they can't touch!! We have learned our lesson... all I kept thinking was my poor baby is going to have a scar on her face and she's going to lose her front teeth! Praise God, it was not as bad as it could have been!!!
Merry Christmas!!

3 comments:

Sarah and Rob said...

This exact same thing happened to another friend of mine this year!! I am so thankful the Princess is ok and thank you for the warning!!!!!

Allie said...

I thouht about that this year and moved them to another area so that she could not reach them. I thouht it would only be for this year though! Too bad I'll have to keep my stockings off of the mantle for YEARS now!!! I am so glad she is ok though. How scary!! How was the event at the church? Did she enjoy it? Merry Christmas!!

chrissy said...

Oh no! I'm so glad she's okay! Is it bad that I just pulled it down in front of E and said not to touch the stocking or the holder would smash her head??