CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

50 Things I love...

My friend Sara Moon (see under My Peeps) made a recommendation on her blog to list 50 things you love about your child as a tribute to Ava's rule. It took me no time at all to do this... thanks Sara for this great idea! This was a great idea with Kaylie's 5th birthday coming up. Enjoy...

1. The way she reaches out to hold my hand whenever we go somewhere.
2. The way she puckers her lips when she sleeps- I love staring at her when she is sleeping.
3. Her beautiful blue eyes- they are full of life, full of fun and excitement, curiosity.
4. The way she says- “Your Breath Stinks girl” to us all the time!!!!
5. The fact that she loves to lay with me every single night- we watch a little TV together and snuggle up. It’s my favorite part of my day. I hope we never outgrow that.
6. The way she never meets a stranger- she greets everyone, everywhere. This can be a good thing and a bad thing- but I think in the long run, it will be a wonderful thing that she cares about others and likes to meet new people.
7. The way she says ”fast record” this instead of “fast forward” this when she is watching a movie.
8. The way she comes home from school or wherever and immediately changes into her dress up clothes, with her shiny shoes and accessories to match from head to toe. She loves loves loves to play dress up! And by herself too!
9. The way she is so good at direction- I too was like that… I can see that she will always be the driver when she is older because she pays attention to details when we are driving and she recognizes streets/buildings/ places we go. I too was the driver with my friends!!
10. The way she has to have her chocolate milk every morning. It’s like her coffee fix- if you don’t get it for her, she gets really ticked! It’s hilarious!
11. The way she runs to me and yells MOOOMMMMYYY!!! When I pick her up from school- she is thrilled when I come to get her and it makes me feel so good.
12. The way she loves to sing songs- she can hear a song once and remember the tune but make up her own words- some of her favorites are Beyonce, TI, Kenny Chesney and more.
13. The way she walks with her feet sticking out- it cracks me up! It could be because she has really big feet- my baby is going to be tall.
14. The way she is already so modest. She doesn’t like anyone to see her little boobies as she says it.
15. The way she calls a Mohawk a Bohawk (and that she knows that they are). J
16. The way she is ever so bossy (my Mom and Dad say she is EXACTLY like me when I was little).
17. The way she has Steven wrapped around her finger- he is so smitten with her.
18. The way I REALLY think my child is going to be a performer- whether it’s going to be a singer or an actress, I don’t know but she is quite the performer.
19. The way she puts her hands behind her head (like she’s going to do a sit up) when she’s sleeping (another trait from her daddy).
20. The way she sticks her pinky finger out when she’s drinking and eating (no joke- she really does this).
21. The way she reacts when she opens a present- OH MY GOSH- THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED!!!! Even though she has NO idea what it is.
22. The way we walk by the baby room everyday and she points and says I want that little brother… like it’s that easy. She loves babies…
23. The way she asks me every day if we are going to Target. She already knows how much I love Target and she loves it just as much as me!! Poor Steven.
24. The way she is so impatient sometimes and isn’t afraid to tell you so… just like me. Oh boy, does she get mad fast!
25. The way she can genuinely sense when something is wrong with me, and she can instantly put on her charm and make me feel a million times better when I’m sad. She was one of the main reasons I was able to get out of my slump late last year with all that I went through.
26. The way I don’t remember what life was like before she was here- it’s like I didn’t exist until she was born.
27. The way she walks into a room and lights it up… everyone knows when she arrives.
28. The way she knows every verse to Sugar Land’s “Stay” song and Pink’s “So What” song.
29. The way she calls Barack Obama- Broke Obama (that’s really funny to me- smart kid) and the way she called John McCain, John McPan!
30. The way I felt the first day I met her… I felt like I was going to explode with love for this child, I never knew I could love someone that much that I had just met.
31. The way she can make me dream about what she will be like when she’s older- I don’t want her to grow up but I know great things are in store for her.
32. The way she is when she sees Emily on the weekends- she misses her so much when she isn’t at our house, and gets sad that she doesn’t see her more.
33. The way she draws pictures of people- like me with no hair, and Leslie with the pretty hair and jewelry (I’ll never forget that portrait).
34. The way she gets excited when we are eating spaghetti or taco salad for dinner- and she says YES!!! Like she’s been waiting for it her whole life.
35. The way she starts to plan her birthday parties a week after her last birthday and how she STILL talks about her Doodlebops cake from her 3rd birthday.
36. The way she can watch movies over and over and over again- like Enchanted.
37. The way she cried at the High School Musical 3 movie because all the little girls in the theater were screaming at Zac Efron- they all scared her and it made her so mad.
38. And the way she stood up and sang EVERY Hannah Montana song at the rodeo last year (with her Hannah Microphone in hand the entire time).
39. The way she puts on her house shoes and drags her feet when she is coming into our room in the middle of the night to get Steven to come sleep with her- you can hear her coming down the stairs and the swoosh, swoosh,swoosh of her house shoes with every step. She never forgets to walk down in her house shoes!
40. The way her little hands, legs, feet, belly button, every part of her is just perfect.
41. The way she describes dreams as when she saw the story inside her eye… how cute is that.
42. The way she reads books to herself and makes up stories… they are just so funny and perfect in her little world.
43. The way she took a fork to Steven’s new DLP television because she liked who was on the TV at the time so she thought she should bang the fork against the TV, leaving big scratches on the screen (he forgave her pretty quickly).
44. The way she has woken up every day since she was born around 5am in the morning (WILL WE EVER BE ABLE TO SLEEP IN? I will make sure and pay her back for this later when she is begging me to let her sleep).
45. The way she is getting the most beautiful little freckles on her face that are so light and so perfect and how they are congregated on her nose- they light up when the sun is shining on her little face.
46. The way she will dance at a wedding until you force her off the dance floor- the girl loves to dance!
47. The way she will watch Discovery Health with me and ask really inquisitive questions about what is on. I really think some of those shows are a great learning tool for her (in a less traditional sense).
48. The way she used to say Give Me Aggie when we told her to do the Gig Em’.
49. The way she wants to be a “libarian” (instead of a librarian) when she grows up so she can play with lots of books.
50. The way it took me no time at all to find 50 things I love about my daughter. She’s the most amazing little person I’ve ever met and I’m truly blessed to have her. I don’t know where I’d be without her in my life.

4 comments:

Sarah and Rob said...

so sweeet. I love how sweet and sincere she is at such a young age.

Jessica Conway said...

Oh my gosh. This made me cry! :) (And I'm at work!!!) -- so sweet and be sure to save it for her!

Grubilicious said...

I love this...I started doing one for Jackson and was going to put the thing about his lips puckering when he sleeps- just like Kaylie's! They are soulmates. Jackson + KK= LOVE

Stacy

Allie said...

That is the sweetest post ever. I am going to do that and write it in Lindsey's baby book...Love it!

Nice having lunch with you. Thanks so much for lunch!