CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 28, 2009

Kaylie's 1st Day of Kindergarten

Kaylie started kindergarten this last Monday... let me just say, it was pretty traumatic for me. I woke up Monday morning to go to the restroom around 3:30. I got back in bed and thought, oh wow, Kaylie starts school in a few hours. Then I thought, OH NO, MY BABY STARTS KINDERGARTEN in a few hours and I lost it. Thats right, at 3:30 in the morning. Steven woke up to my bawling my eyes out, thinking something was wrong. He suggested that maybe I not go the first day because I was going to freak everyone out. I finally collected myself and went back to sleep but it seriously hit me like a ton of bricks.
Up until a year and a half ago, I really didn't know if we would have any more kids. And after going through all the events of last year, it really made me think- WOW, I will never have this moment again with her. This is the first day of a whole new chapter for her, for us, and although I was excited, I was also extremely sad to think she's really not a baby anymore. She's 5!
The day went great- she had a great time, she looked adorable, she loved her teacher, and Mom survived! We picked her up and she was just going on and on about her day.
Well that was Day 1.
Then came Day 2.
I got a phone call from her teacher around 3:45... that she had gotten into trouble. Apparently, her and another girl (who happens to live 5 houses down) got into it and Kaylie went off on her and told her she was going to "burn" her. So the teacher had to call me because she was threatening harm on another student. I was FLOORED! I would have expected a call about talking too much or being bossy, but never about hurting someone.
We talked to her that night, and she didn't know that burning someone meant causing them harm with fire. When I told her thats what it meant, she got all upset and had a huge meltdown about it. She didn't want to hurt her friends, she was just joking! We made an agreement that we would never say anything like that to anyone... and I got an email from her teacher that the day went better.That was day 3.
Then came day 4.
She got 3 warnings for talking...
Then came day 5.
She got ANOTHER 3 warnings for talking...
Good Lord, I hope I make it through the rest of the year. I know its all new to her but I can't take not paying attention in school. I was a school nerd growing up, I loved going to school and I expect the same from my kids. They don't have a choice. :)
Here are some pics of her first day... she sure was cute, even if she's a chatter box who has a sharp tongue at times! She can't help that, she gets it from me.
Kaylie and Mrs. McCarthy

Look how big she looks....

Walking into school

At the house before we left.

2 comments:

chrissy said...

That was the best story ever! I already cry thinking about E going to school next year. We are the same way about getting into trouble and not paying attention at school. We were both nerds. E will be okay on that, B not so sure...she might be busy scratching people.

Allie said...

Jennifer! That is too funny! I hope that this week has been better! ha! No matter what, she is still such a doll...she can get away with anything! :)