CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Thank God

Well, Steven and I had quite an interesting morning/early afternoon. For the past couple of days, I've had contractions- not regular and all but they were definitely contractions. I debated whether to call yesterday and decided to wait since I was going to see Dr. S on Thursday anyways.
Well today, I started having them again- and then I had flashbacks to when I had preterm labor with Kaylie and how all that got started... then remembered how hard it was for me to get to the place where I'm at and what a miracle this pregnancy is and decided that I was calling in.

Dr. S sent me over to the hospital to get examined- and that I did! They ran every test under the sun- checked Travis's heartrate, my blood pressure, put me on the contraction monitor, did another test that checks the cervix to see if anything has changed and then a v exam. I hate that word so I'm not writing it out... in the meantime, I was a basketcase. I've tried my best to enjoy this pregnancy- and I have for the most part. But I am constantly reminded of our 2 losses from last year and the time and energy and emotions that have gone into the last year and a half. And it just got to me- Steven went with me and was such a good support for me.

Turns out that everything is ok- THANK GOD! I am having issues with swelling already in my hands and feet- and she told me I have to drink as much water as possible, get up and take breaks from sitting while at work- but then don't stand for too long! Its amazing what all we as women have to go through sometimes to bring a child into this world. But I am just thankful that everything is ok, Travis is doing well, and that I'm not on bedrest.

One thing that I thought was kind of funny that she said several times- she was having a hard time getting the contraction monitor in the correct place- and she said, well women with small stomachs like you have issues finding the right place to put this. WHAT? Are you kidding me? Are you in the wrong room? My stomach sticks out to high heaven- it is by no means small. But it did kind of make me giggle- I've always wanted to be the cutesy pregnant chick but knew it wasn't in my genes. :)

Anyway, please keep us in your prayers- pray that I can carry this precious baby to term and that there are no bumps along the way. I keep saying I can't wait to see Travis- but I didn't mean NOW. :) I can wait another 12 weeks.

2 comments:

Jessica Conway said...

You can do it! I'll think happy thoughts for you!

The Malhiots said...

I'm glad everything turned out okay!! I pray (and will continue) for you and Travis every day!