Its hard to believe but I am 27 weeks tomorrow. 27 WEEKS!! OH MY GOSH!!! Time has flown by, seriously, I can't believe how quickly its gone.
As far as how I'm feeling- I will say that this pregnancy (knock on wood) has gone so much smoother than when I was pregnant with Kaylie. At this point, I was already on strict bedrest with her. I have been going to the doctor every 2 weeks (I LOVE MY OB-she rocks) to get checked to make sure I'm not dilating or becoming effaced early (which is what happened with Kaylie). So far, so good. I have had alot of pressure down below that makes it hard to walk sometimes and also hard to get up once sitting down and especially when laying down. I get up to go to the bathroom at least 3 times a night- which I know Steven loves. He has been very supportive and helps me out of bed and helps me get into bed every night. I'm a lucky gal.
I must give a little shout out to my girl Amy at work- she gives me a shot in my booty every Thursday - Progesterone, which has been linked to help prevent pre-term labor. We have fun doing that every week- we go into a file room at work and she's my "nurse". I owe her big time!! :) She's been a HUGE supporter for me, more than she ever knows.
I went on Friday, and Dr. S measured my tummy and informed me that he is going to be a good sized baby! Which is good! But my poor stomach is getting HUGE!!! I should take a picture and post it- I look like I could quite possibly give birth in a few weeks.
As for his room, we still have a lot to do. I did order the bedding, which I am so excited and nervous about too! I know it will be cute- the lady that is making it has the cutest ideas, I just can't think with that part of my brain- the creative side! Now, throw me some numbers and how much things cost and I'm all about it. But I think it will be cute. The bedding is being made now, the wall art is in but not hung, we will start painting hopefully next week and get the ball rolling.
Most of you know, but my sweet husband has all these big plans for Travis. I have to remind him that when he comes out, he will be a newborn- not a 13 year old ready to go hunting! Its annoying at times because he has an opinion about EVERYTHING- even his baby book! I mean, seriously? What man cares about baby books? But then again, its adorable because he's taking such a big role in planning everything.
Every night, I lay and talk to Travis- and thank God every day for this wonderful and amazing experience that I'm having. We truly are blessed.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
13 weeks until my new man arrives...
Posted by Jennifer at 1:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Awww!! I am so happy for you both! I love that Steven is such a part of it all. He is going ot pass out when he finally gets to hold his boy!!
Travis is so blessed to have you and Steven as his parents. I can't wait to meet him!!!!
Post a Comment