CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Another False Alarm...

Well on Tuesday, Steven and I decided to meet for lunch- he had to get new tires and there was a Guadalajara right next door to Discount so I met him there when I left work. We were eating and I started feeling a really strong cramp in my lower right side- I tried stretching it out but then the contractions came on. I got up and walked around the restaurant but it wasn't helping- I couldn't eat so I went and sat in the car. Steven came out and it was still going on so I called Dr. S. They told me to go ahead and go to the hospital and check into Labor and Delivery. WHAT? Um, I don't have my bags with me, my cameras are at home, the baby book is at home... I'm ready but just not right at that moment! And then the vain part of me comes out- I need a haircut, highlights and a bikini wax, all of which I've been putting off as long as possible!!! This is not the best time for me! :)
We checked in and I put into a labor room- you know, the kind where you actually push a baby out. That freaked me out because, hello, I'm a c-section woman! I don't need that baby warmer or those stirrups- just an OR will work! I reminded the nurse at least 4 times that I was a repeat c-section.
Anyways- I was hooked up to all the machines and I was having the contractions... but they weren't close enough together and I was only dilated to a 1/2 cm (don't you just love when they have to go in there and "check" you?)
So after several hours of monitoring and watching TV and listening to Steven snore in the room, they sent me home.
Funny thing is that once we got on the road to go home, the cramping stopped. Travis was playing games with me!
I have an appt with Dr. Schroeder today so we'll see if anything else has progressed. Probably not but I can hope!

On a side note- Steven was invited to go on a hunting trip- he would leave next Tuesday and then drive back on Wednesday... I started thinking about it and I feel like I should let him go. Am I nuts? Its one night and his mom will come and stay with us in case anything happens. Should I let him go on this hunting trip he's been talking about for the last 3 months?

0 comments: