This past weekend, Kaylie had a soccer game... I didn't get to go because our wonderful car (I have to speak nicely about it in case it hears me from the driveway) decided it needed to have trouble for the millionth time this year- so I took it to the shop Saturday morning- and missed my Kaylie Bug score not ONE but TWO goals!!!! I was so bummed! This is technically her 3rd year to play and she has not liked it up to this point- but Steven makes her play- and now, she is finally into soccer! She came home all excited and told me she couldn't wait to play next year (we still have half of this season left so that might change again).
She has also been doing SOOO good in school- she loves to read and we've been practicing her sight words- she can spell Kaylie, Emily, Mom, Dad, blue, red, I, like, have, we, to, go, school, A, see, ball, she knows our home #, my cell # and her address!!! We've been adding words as we go! I bought her some books from her book fair and she can sound out alot of the words... really hard to believe that she is at this point in her life! But we are so proud of her. She has also made quite a few friends at school- she always tells me she doesn't have enough time to finish her lunch- well I went a little over a week ago, and I now know why. She talks to EVERYONE- teachers, parents, kids, kids that she has no idea who they are... she is so sociable. I had to tell her 10 times to sit down and eat! I got to read to her class that same day and all of her friends in class were obsessed with me being pregnant. Apparently, one of the little girls told Kaylie her mom was fat (thanks alot little girl) but Kaylie quickly put her in her place. This one little boy kept asking me to show him my baby under my shirt, like I was a kangaroo and could pull him out and put him back. It was funny!
As for other family news... my younger brother Jimbo and his wife Carolyn welcomed their 2nd baby boy yesterday- Levi Joseph... he is just adorable! Carolyn was a week over her due date but was quite the trooper! I'm very excited to have a new nephew and a cousin that Travis will be so close to in age!
My last day at work is tomorrow... I'm excited but a little anxious as well. I have no idea what I will do with myself until I have him but I'm sure I'll figure it out.
Thats it for now- no pics because my cameras are all packed, charged and waiting for November 5th... I know- control freak!!!
Monday, October 19, 2009
Family News!
Posted by Jennifer at 1:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment